Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Interviews - Teachers

1. Have you ever been treated unfairly because of your race?
-I don't think that I have been treated unfairly because of my race. This does not mean that it did not happen but if it did, I did not know,

2. Do you feel like or ever felt that you are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting a job?
-There are advantages and drawbacks being Asian, I think that they averaged out in the end.

3. How do you feel about racial inequality through social media?
-Social media is pretty democratic. A nobody has almost the same voice as a well known person. I don't think there is a gross racial inequality in social media.

4. Have you ever done anything to stop racial inequality and stereotypes on social media?
-I try to behave responsibly and acted properly at all times to not give any chance of reinforcements of any possible negative stereotypes that might be out there.

Mr.Nguyen | Math Teacher | Asian